Back Ground

Friday, May 15, 2009

Welcome, Zane Smith

I have had a crazy day today. Last night Steve, my brother-n-law called to inform me Laura, his sister, is having her baby today. That in itself was great news, but the conversation got even better when Steve asked me to babysit Laura Beth, while he spent the day with Laura. I was so excited I almost could not sleep (Ha). First, lets welcome Zane in the world and then I will tell you what Laura Beth and I did.
Zane Bradley Smith
8lb 11oz
May 15, 2009


I wish you could have seen Laura Beth today at the Hospital. She is just old enough to know when things are not a part of her normal day. Trying to entertain her at the hospital was something you just had to see.

These two cousins were fighting for attention. If daddy was taken pictures of the baby Zane, Laura Beth wanted to be in her daddy's arms.

If you look closely you will see something green in Laura Beth's hand...it's a spoon. We brought her lunch up but not any of her toys. Soooo we got five spoons out of her lunch bag and banged them on the window, floor and anything else she could fine. Mommy, please wash all of her spoons thoroughly.

After we left the hospital before we even got out of the parking lot, this was Laura Beth.


When we got home I was going to try to put her down for her nap. I had this great idea to leave her in the van while it was still going., run inside and put the pack-n-play up, come back and get her so she would not wake up. The plan was working until I came back outside to get her... she was playing in her car seat. Sooo we watched a movie instead.

I love this picture. She knows what cameras are for. I was just trying to get a picture of her watching TV like a big girl. As soon as I took the camera out to take the picture she looked at me and smiled.

Tonight, some of my friends are coming in town to stay the night with me for a fun filled weekend. I will post more on that later.

1 comment:

Berry Buzz... said...

Laura Beth is getting so big. Love all the pics. Looks like ya'll had a great day and I love the last picture posted of her Aunt Angie. Good job on the nap...LOL!