Last Friday, some of my friends and I headed to Cleveland to the Peter's Pottery 1/2 sale on Saturday. Now, we left on Friday just to be sure we got there 16 hours before everyone else, or so we thought. We took Meredith's SUV, which was full with luggage before ever leaving the driveway ---- Hailey and Mamie are co-presidents of "Overpackers Anonymous." Then there were the laundry baskets for all of our "treasures" ..... as we were driving, the plan began to develop for the following morning. The term "sleeping in the car" came up, and immediately - the "non cooker, non pottery loving" girl said "HECK NO." We figured it was just the lack of dinner, so we waited to bring it up after food wasn't an issue. We stopped in the big "ZOO" (Yazoo City) at "Stubs" for dinner ---- the name says it all. It smelled like a nursing home and catered to that age group based on the crowd control. We all decided to go with "fried" --- can't screw that up. Once we got to Cleveland, we went immediately to the "place of action" to check out our competition. Competition people. For clay. And yes, there were people sleeping in their cars. Ridiculous. Hailey immediately said there was no way she was sleeping in the car for anything, MUCH LESS a piece of pottery. After much debate, we settled on getting up at 3:30 ... which turned into 4:00. Stopped at the donut shop for breakfast - more like dessert after supper - and headed to mark our territory. We ended up about 50 back and Mamie paced the line, making friends with everyone...we arrived at 5:15 and entered the store at 8:05. And by entered, I mean we ran. It was the most insane thing I've ever witnessed. Cussing. Grabbing. Fighting. Straight up GIRL FIGHTS all over a bunny, salt shakers, and a large candle stick. People came in "teams" --- we didn't do so bad for a 1 die-hard Peter's Pottery fan, 1 who could have absolutely cared less, 1 who wouldn't raise her voice to save her life, and 1 that was a great bargainer. It kicks "Black Fridays" butt. I highly suggest you check it out. Pictures posted soon.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
2 Words -- GIRL TRIP!
Posted by
Breisch and Angie Stallings
at
3:15 PM
Labels: friends, March, Small Group, Trips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wish i could have been there!
I can't believe you went to that. It is WORTH paying FULL price to go the week after :) HA! Plus, I have decided Peter's pottery is my new favorite. :) I'm glad you got to see it. It is like the super bowl to delta women (at least it is to Greenville Delta Women).
Yes, I have to see it and I want to know prices too! I'm dying to know just how much the stuff is discounted. Is it just 1/2 off? And are the pieces damaged? E-mail me all the pics when you find the time. Have fun skiing!
That is hilarious! I'm with Hillary... post pics and prices just so we can all see what the fuss is about.
That is hilarious! I have always wondered what it was like at the Peter's Pottery & McCarty sales...I keep saying I am going to go...now I am not so sure!!
So glad to find your blog!! :)
Post a Comment