I have always heard wearing white to a wedding was disrespectful unless you are the bride. But as I searched the Internet, I see this is a conflicting matter. I think the location plays a big role in this ruling, but I want to ask you what you think. Is this FAUX PAS now just a Southern rule or a BIG No No in general? Can we as Southern Belles wear WHITE to a wedding or NOT? The other color to stay away from, so I hear, is red, but at this day and time I do not think that is really up for discussion.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Faux Pas of Wearing White to a Wedding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
no, no, no, no, no you do not wear white to a wedding, no matter what time, place, season, etc
i would wear red before i wore white.
now, some white accents on a different color dress is one thing, but an all-white dress to a wedding???? horrors.
laura mcwhirter
No you do not wear white to a wedding, you are not the bride!
I'm with above... I think out of commom courtesy and respect, you don't wear white to a wedding. Why woudl you want to??
I've seen people wear some white (i.e. a blouse with a different colored skirt). I've also seen a black and white pattern dress being worn to a wedding. So, I guess I would never wear a COMPLETELY white dress. However, Most summer clothes have white in them. So I guess it depends on HOW much white you are asking about. I say, "no solid white, but some white is ok." How is that for complicated? ha!
I would NEVER wear white to someone's wedding! And if you do, I'll talk about you :)
I would say to never wear white to a wedding! You will steal the bride's thunder!! I have also heard that members of the wedding party( mother,mother-in-law etc..) are not supposed to wear white.... don't know the specific rules on that one! SPS
Post a Comment