Ok, this weekend was the last weekend to deer hunt, which means Breisch was gone all weekend. As I mention before, this weekend I was going to paint the living room wall. Well as you can see below, I did and this is what it looks like. I am very pleased but it was a lot harder than I thought. You really cannot tell from the picture what technique I used, but it is called tone-on-tone. I used the same color red. I simply just use two types of paint. The first coat is the flat paint. If you look closely, you can see some shiny spots from the flash, which is from the semi-gloss paint that we painted the 6 inch stripes with. The painting itself was not that bad but the stripes on the other hand were very tedious. In fact, if it was not for my WONDERFUL husband coming home early yesterday the stripes would still be in the paint can.
Thank you guys for giving me some input on what to do. I am really pleased with it!
Monday, January 28, 2008
This Weekend's Project
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
WOW!! It looks great, I can't wait to see it. Just amazing what a can of paint can do for a room!! I know you must be proud of your skills and you should be.... see you tonight.
Oh I see it!!! It looks great! Can't wait to see it on person
it looks great!!!!
I am very impressed!! It looks amazing. Where did you get the idea to use different types of paint? I never would've thought of that. I hope I get to see it soon!!
Love you,
Kris
ok we have the exact same fridge!!!
Post a Comment