Before and After
Since Breisch and I have had a few weekends to ourselves, we decided to do a few home improvements this weekend, or should I say that we decided and my husband made it happen. Above was our last big project this weekend. As you can tell, we (meaning Breisch) adding under cabinet lighting to our kitchen. It makes such a difference when you are cooking and cleaning the kitchen. I find myself actually enjoying cleaning, which is CRAZY!
We (meaning Breisch again) also put in two ceiling fans - one in the guest bedroom and one in our bedroom. Of course, the one in our bedroom is COOLER because it has a remote that tells you what the temperature is and allows you to control the speed. My great husband also replaced the light fixtures in the laundry room and dinning room. When we moved in this house everything was brass, but we are slowing transforming all the hardware and light fixtures to brushed nickel. The nickel also goes with all of the stainless appliances we have added.
The next project is going to start next weekend! Breisch and I are current saving up for an entertainment center that we are building ourselves. Before we start it, I need to get the living room finished. Below you will find pictures of our living room walls. You can see a little bit of the couch. I am planning to paint one wall (the one with the fire place) red. The same color as the pillow you see on the couch. The wall where my couch sits is where the entertainment center (screen and selves) is going. The question I have for you guys (Mainly Lizzie, Mom, Laura, Amanda, and Catherine Clare) is what does my rug need to look like and do you think red would look ok, or do you have another color in mind? You know I am not good at this, and I am not going to do anything until I get an approval from you guys..... SO I NEED YOUR INPUT!

4 comments:
hey sweetie! Your house is cute! I got your e-mail. I think a rug with a bit of red in it would work great. That way, when you get sick of the red wall, you aren't committed to a red rug and you can use it for a long time. So go ahead and invest in a really good rug. I love rug shopping and if you find a rug in a store you like, write down the name and go to EBay! Happy Decorating!
p.s. I love the under counter lighting in the kitchen...great idea!
Hey Angie
I am friends with Kristina and have met you a few times. I am wanting to do the lights under the cabinets too. How did y'all do that? Did you have to run electrical wire and complicated stuff like that? It looks great!
I would love to do that to our kitchen. It is really dark.
Thanks
Kim
Hey girl-
Your house looks great! I am trying to get motivated to do some painting on our extra bedrooms!!Good Luck with all your projects!
Post a Comment