Back Ground

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A New Chapter Starts

A lot has been going on at the Stallings house. If you can recall several posts ago, I told you that God was about to do something BIG. Well God is still working on that one, but He has opened up a door that is exciting and oh so scary all at the same time. I am now employed with Waste Management as a outside sale rep., and I start August 16. Breisch and I decided that I needed to look for a job about a month ago, and God has confirmed that decision every step of the way. It only took four weeks to get an interview and 2 weeks to get an offer. When we decided to start looking, so many concerns came to this little mommy's mind. My first thought was where is Gage going to go, and low and behold God provided yet again. Every daycare in the Madison area has a waiting list a mile long, (If anyone wants to make some money OPEN A GOOD DAYCARE) but a friend told me that she thought she saw a daycare off the beaten path one day when she was driving to work a different way. She said she did not know anything about it, but it was worth checking out. I went that day and checked it out, and I truly hope it works out as well as I think it will. It was so great to go into a daycare where people sympathize with how you parent. When I walked in the daycare, I had such a peace about it and loved that all my questions were answered. Now I only pray, and please join me, that Gage transitions smoothly and loves his new school and friends.


I feel like last month God was preparing me for this change the entire time, because as I read the book of Proverbs last month this verse stuck to from day one me. "But he who listens to me shall live securely. And will be at ease from the dread of evil." Proverbs 1:31 He has given me a secure feeling about the daycare and about the job, and I am so thankful for his word and guidance.
Before I go I will leave you with some sweet moments of Gage this week.

3 comments:

Alison said...

So excited about your new job, Angie!! And so glad that God led you to a great daycare!! That is wonderful!

Kim Shirley said...

I'm sure the daycare will be great, God's given you confirmation of that! We recently switched from our siter to a daycare. Owen loves it and it has made things so much easier for me! I'm sure Gage will love it. Glad life is good for you!

Steve and I .... said...

Congrats to you!!! I know new jobs can be trying the first few months, but I can't wait to hear all of the new things happening around your house during that time. Gage is getting too big! I can't wait to see you in just days! :)