Back Ground

Monday, July 27, 2009

A weekend full of fun!

This weekend was none-stop, and I loved every minute of it. Saturday my mother and mother-in-law met at my house at 12:30 to go to a sweet shower that my small group friends gave me. It was fun and as always I loved the time with my closest friends. It was such a sweet intimate time together. Hailey and Bethany I am sorry you missed the picture. We took it kinda late. You know me - I never think about pictures until the last minute. That is going to have to change when Gage comes. We had a nice time with all the babies. Thank you guys for doing all that work. I really appreciated every bit of it.



After the shower, mom and I went to get some stuff to get started on the curtains for Gage's nursery. We thought it was just going to be a day job, but mom was also teaching me a little about sewing so it took a lot longer than we thought. We started Satruday night, which was later than we wanted, and finished Monday afternoon. We had to take a couple of breaks a long the way, but I was very thankful that my mom was will to stay the extra day and help. She is a real trooper. She also explained to me that it took a long time because we made up our own pattern. Below you can see can see some of our progress. The curtains are done but I have to get a thing to hold the tie in the center, so it will not be straight unless I want the room really dark.

OK, this is my first experience in sewing. I have to take a picture of it because I was so surprised at how long it took me to get to this point. We had to thread the sewing machine, create a pattern, measure the matieral, cut the matieral and then we could start.



This was the end result, and I have to give all the credit to my mother. She is a wizard at sewing or a least figuring out how to making something out of nothing. Like I said before this is the finished product minus the tie in the center.

5 comments:

J Hammer said...

Gage will love it! What a sweet mom you have!

Anonymous said...

It looks so great! I can't wait to see the whole room in person. I love the furniture too! ;)

laura mc

Mrs. Andrews' Kindergarten Class said...

Wow! I love my weekend with you guys! The lunch was a delight as we visited with the babies and sweet new mom's. God bless your daily lives with awesome friends! The "projects" were so much fun. You are a great pupil. You did a wonderful job assisting this ole gal.... and keeping her going and going.... you are better that the entergizer bunny. Looking forward to the next project. Gran

Sydney said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see it with Gade in the baby bed!

Steve and I .... said...

Looks so good!