Back Ground

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Something everyone needs….

I have this special group of friends. I know most of you know about them or you maybe apart of this group of friends, but they are a group that everybody needs. Around here we call it small group, but I have heard others refer to it as supper club, Sunday school, church group, or maybe even a tennis team. The real name is COMMUNITY! My life has been changed by it time and time again. I love the fact that I am lifted up and encouraged when I am in their presents. It is my safe place, and everyone should have one.

Yesterday was a great reminder of why I love my community so much. Our small group has bible study every Monday night. This consists of six couples getting together and talking about God's word. Right now we are reading "God: As He Longs for You to See Him," by Chip Ingram, but yesterday was different. The day before (Sunday), I was very much stressed, and my friends knew I was having a hard time. So what did they do for me? They showered me with prayers, text messages, and encouragement. The support was overwhelming. Each one of these friends feed such a special part of my heart. I am just here today to tell you that having a community in your life makes life just seem a little easier.

I can go on and on about community and how important it is, but I will stop here. I will just end by saying thank you to my community for ditching bible study last night and taking me to a movie. Do not worry guys, I understand why you ditched the movie, Made of Honor. I know it's a chic flick, but I have to praise my husband for being SO selfless and going with me and the girls to the movies. Breisch, I know I owe you BIG TIME!

4 comments:

Kellie Berry said...

how sweet! kb

matt and nichole said...

I'm here if you ever want to talk.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! I LOVE SMALL GROUP!!!

The Fab Five said...

If we lived there we would SO be in your small group. I need this! And you got on the ball with the posts!! Keep up the good work.